Thursday, February 5, 2015

Erie Internship- Bench Sketches

We are now in the "design" phase of the project!
I have almost completely abandoned the initial idea of playground equipment. Any concepts I come up with that meet all the guidelines (no moving parts, no bars, no metal, no slide) are mediocre and I really don't think they would be very satisfying. PLUS with our budget and materials we could probably only make one piece. The legal side of things also seems to be a deciding factor, lots of regulations and safety issues.

I have since shifted my interest to creating benches and the like.We will be able to make more of them within the budget and I think they would get more use and better benefit the park. So onward we go! These are the top 3 ideas that i have sent on to Kathy for approval and for her selection:
This concept would include 2 bone benches, a bone trashcan holder, and a series of dinosaur footprint tiles that would go along on the gravel path in the park. (My favorite design)

This would be a series of 2 benches with wooden slats for the seats. 

This would also be a series of 2 benches, the relief on the bench back could be different on each of them, depending on what Kathy and the committee wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment