Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Page Process

I thought it would be nice to take you through the process of creating one of the pages for the book.
It starts with a thumbnail sketch like this:

This sketch is for the snowy mountain piece, page 10.


Next comes the blue pencil phase. I'm drawing the pages at twice the print size so that I can get all those good details in. 



Strange picture quality on the second one, but you get it.

Next phase is inking. I prefer to use a brush over the nib because the line quality make is second to none. For the lettering and small details I use a Pitt Technical Pen. 

Inking is the most stressful part for me. It's very FINAL.

Here is the image that was scanned in to photoshop.

After some photoshop magic, the final product looks a little something like this, here is the final draft of page 10:




No comments:

Post a Comment