Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Writing 4(blog posts)for Crit 3

In my last critique, Portico and my peers gave me lots of suggestions on how to improve my project. She thought that it would be interesting to change the text in my pieces to better suit the personality of the subject. i hope to incorporate this idea into my next installment in the series. 

For this round I interviewed the self proclaimed "wild child" Richard! Talking with him about his motorcycle organization, his tattoos and all his adventures was quite the experience and I'm glad I met him. A truly kind and gentle soul. 

I would like to switch up the format on this installment of my project and create larger but fewer panels. This will be simply a portrait with text and a drawing of his leather jacket he wore with his crew, "his colors." I think the two images I present will best represent Richard and his character. 

This critique will be more "in process" than my other critiques.

A few live sketches here and his written quotes.

ARTIST POST
I would like to introduce you to the immensely talented Cat Jepson! Since my first day here at Pitt I was always told that Cat was the goal to aspire to. TRY TO BE LIKE CAT! Since having her in classes and seeing her talent, work ethic and professionalism I can see why she is so loved (and envied) in the department! This semester she is working on a very personal shadow box project that will incorporated her love of nature, family, textiles, and the letterpress. I beg you to troll her blog, read all of it! http://catjepson.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment